The Old Vicarage in Haxey
The Old Vicarage was built in 1846 at a cost of £1,400 and originally contained 10 bedrooms. The facilities included a one seat privy for the servants and a double seated privy for the family. As well as stables and Coach House there was a cow house, a poultry shed and two pigsties. The Architects plans describe the front garden as a pleasure garden
Before this building there were at least two previous vicarages probably on the same site. There is documentary evidence of the Vicarage existing in the early 1600s and this was replaced by one known to have been built in 1713. This earlier Vicarage was a three story brick and tiled House with 12 good rooms. Outside there was a thatched 5 bay barn and a house for working hemp and flax.
The new Vicarage was built to the west in 1987. This former Vicarage was sold and converted into Nicholas House Nursing Home.